Translate On Your Language

Friday, March 26, 2010

Yellow Ribbon Story

Hi All....
I am comeback after almost 4 month ...

Herewith the touching story which touching my heart and give a lesson for me that we should try any small possibility if we still talk about LOVE ... And don't underestimate the power of LOVE ...

In 1971 the New York Post wrote a true story about a man who lived in a small town in White Oak, Georgia, United States. This man married a good and beautiful woman, unfortunately he never appreciated her. He did not become a good husband and father. He often came home at night drunk and beat the child and his wife.

One night he decided to venture into the big cities, New York. He stole money from the savings of his wife, then he took a bus to the north, to the big city, into a new life. Joint with some of his friends he started a new business. For a while he enjoyed his life. Sex, gambling, drug. He enjoyed it all.

Months passed. Years passed. His business failed, and he began to lack of money. Then he began to engage in criminal acts. He wrote a fake check and use it to deceive people's money. Finally, one fateful moment, he was caught. The police put him in prison, and the court sentenced him three years in prison.

Toward the end of his prison, he began to miss home. He missed his wife. He missed his family. Finally he decided to write a letter to his wife, to tell her how sorry he was. That he still loved his wife and children.


He wished he was still allowed back. But he also understood that maybe it was too late, so he ended his letter by writing, "Honey, you do not need to wait for me. But if you still have the feeling to me, will you reveal? If you still want me to come back to you, pls tighten yellow ribbon for me on the only one banyan tree in the center of town. When I passed and did not find a piece of yellow tape, no nothing. I will know and understand. I'm not going to come down from the bus, and will continue to Miami. And I promise I will never again disturb you and the kids all my life. "

Finally the release day arrives. He was very nervous. He did not receive a letter from his wife. He did not know whether his wife received a letter or even if she read the letter, if she would forgive him?

He took a bus to Miami, Florida, who passed his home, White Oak. He was very nervous. The whole bus hear his the story, and they ask the bus driver, "Please, pass through the White Oak, go slowly ... we have to see what will happen ..."

His heart pounded as the bus approached the center of White Oak. He did not dare raise her head. Cold sweat profusely.
Finally he saw the tree. Hatch tears in his eyes ...
He did not see a yellow ribbon ...
No a yellow ribbon ....
There is no piece of ......

But there are a hundred pieces of yellow ribbons hung on that banyan tree ....
... Ooh ... the whole tree ...!!!!!!!!!!!! filled with yellow ribbon

This true story of the song hits number one in 1973 in the United States.
The driver immediately phoned the newspaper and tell this story. A
songwriters write this story into a song, "Tie a Yellow Ribbon Around
The Old Oak Tree ", and when this album was released in February 1973,
directly into hits in April 1973.

Here is the song :
I'm coming home I've done my time And I have to know what is or isn't mine
If you received my letter Telling you I'd soon be free Then you'd know just
what to do If you still want me If you still want me Oh tie a yellow ribbon
'Round the old oak tree It's been three long years Do you still want me If I
don't see a yellow ribbon 'Round the old oak tree I'll stay on the bus,
forget about us Put the blame on me If I don't see a yellow ribbon 'Round
the old oak tree Bus driver please look for me 'Cause I couldn't bare to see
what I might see I'm really still in prison And my love she holds the key A
simple yellow ribbon's all I need to set me free I wrote and told her please
Oh tie a yellow ribbon 'Round the old oak tree It's been three long years Do
you still want me If I don't see a yellow ribbon 'Round the old oak tree
I'll stay on the bus, forget about us Put the blame on me If I don't see a
yellow ribbon 'Round the old oak tree Now the whole damn bus is cheering And
I can't believe I see A hundred yellow ribbons 'Round the old, the old oak tree
Tie a ribbon 'round the old oak tree Tie a ribbon 'round the old oak tree
Tie a ribbon 'round the old oak tree Tie a ribbon 'round the old oak tree
Tie a ribbon 'round the old oak tree Tie a ribbon 'round the old oak tree
Tie a ribbon 'round the old oak tree Tie a ribbon 'round the old oak tree

Sources : Unknow Author

1 comment:

  1. I want to know about the rest of the story. How did they be? The couple and the whole family? Was the husband really changing and be a responsible and loving father and husband, or just come back but doing nothing to change his attitude to his wife and children? Because the rest of the story, is the real morale that we can learn to, not just the romanticism side. I wanna share the answer if it exists. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks and very appreciate for yr comment