Translate On Your Language

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Dad Who Replaces Us

Punishment often can not change someone. But with the example of right action can alter a person be better than when he/she was punished again and again. Let the following story teaches us as a parents to give more examples than the punishment on our children ...

Father and mother are always joined to serve in church services every week. My father became a member of the choir and mother became the organist. Therefore, my brother and me always sit alone without parental supervision. Each time the service, we sat on the right front of the existing pews. And, so free, we often act casually. As the result after the choir finished, Dad often took one of us came out and hit us, because he was embarrassed by our actions.

From so many services that we follow it, there was a very memorable event for me. As usual, my father and mother are in their respective positions for duty. Only the church was crowded at that time, so the choir members should remain sat until the service ended. As usual we are very naughty. Throughout the service we were laughing, jumping around there, up and down to the seat, even crawling under the pews.
When we arrived home, my father called us. From the voice we knew he was furious. But we suspect, as usual my father would only hit us. If yes, then I would say that my brother who invited me to misbehave so that he will be beaten. My brother was strong, he would sit quietly on his father's lap and "enjoy" a blow until my father tired. He never asked for mercy or crying in pain as he sometimes even smiles.
But on that day my father told us to sit down in living room. That means there's something really serious. Father had prepared the bat, but he did not ask why we were naughty or preach to us as usual. Dad was silent and then said "Daddy had failed to become a good father for both of you"
Dad took the bat and said again: "Now Daddy wants you to hit my hand. Daddy should be punished for can not teach you to behave well " We even laughed at, because we thought my father was joking. But he did not laugh. We just realized that my father really serious.
I have never seen my brother cry. Dad even yell at him to take the bat. When he hit his father, his emotions burst, and tears spilled. He was unable to continue to beat because his heart was sliced. When it was my turn to hit, my hand also felt so weak.
I will always remember that experience. Dad would be punished in my place. His attitude was really touched and even affect me until now. After I became a father, I also will sacrifice for my children. No doubt, since that day we changed. We do not want to repeat that experience. We did not immediately turn into an angel, but we really want to try so that my father do not have to accept the punishment for our behavior.

Source: God's Vitamin "C" for the Spirit of Men.
Compiled By D. Larry Miller.
Story By David Hahn.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, astory that really 'food for thought'
    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks and very appreciate for yr comment