Translate On Your Language

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Family Picture

This story is special for all parent which sometimes didn’t realize even physically they are at home but their kids can not feel their attendance. I hope we can realize it before it become too late for us to change. Someday we will feel as a happy parent when we realize ‘our picture’ are in our kids heart …

I was sitting on my favorite chair in our guest room, studied for my doctoral examination when my daughter Sarah suddenly came to me and ask “Dad, will you see our family picture which I draw?” I said “Sarah I am very busy right now, can you come back here a few minute later, dear ?” .Good reason, right ? After one week full of work, even on Sunday, sometimes it also happened to you.

After ten minutes, she came back again and said “Dad, I want to show my drawing”
I feel my blood blast to my head “Sarah, I said later, I still have important thing to do !”
After three minutes, she came back again on the guest room, this time she stand about 3 inch from my nose, and shout with full power of five year kids “Daddy want to see it or not?”
"No” I said “Daddy don’t want to see it”.

After she heard that suddenly she went out from the room and left me alone. But I still did not feel free as I thought on contrary I feel worried, I feel become a bad parent for her, therefore I go to the front door and call her. “Sarah will you come in? Daddy want to see your drawing” She follow without any argue and sit on my lap.

The drawing is very good, Sarah even gave it title with her best written “My Best Family”. “Tell me about this picture” asked me. "This is mom (she is pointed on a thin woman with long weavy hair), this is me stand near mom (she pointed it with smile), this is Katie our dog and this is Missie (she pointed on thinny girl)". How she look at our family was very interesting.

“Daddy like yr drawing” I said “Daddy want to hang it on the wall of dinning room so every night when I am back from work and study (usually on about 10 pm) I can see it". She was very happy when she heard that, then she continue to play outside.

I continued to read my book, but because of something, I read the same paragraph so many times. Something bother my mind, something about Sarah’s drawing, something is missing.
I went to the front door “Sarah” I called her “will you come in for a few minute?” I want to see your drawing again”. I asked a question to my daughter, but I didn’t think I am ready to hear her answer. “Dear in your drawing there are your mom, Sarah and Missie. There are also our dog Katie. But Sarah..., where is Daddy?”. “Daddy was in the library” she answered.

Short answer from my daughter make me shocked for a few minutes. I sit on my chair with my heart beat rapidly. The fog which cover my mind suddenly disappear, and my eyes was opened. What I have just heard look so scary and I feel like I will die. I just realized it. God has many ways to get our attention, today I got it through my daughter. Will you let Him to get your attention today?. Need a few year before I feel “at home”.

What a unforgotten day when three people which meaningful to my life gave me a present. My daughter Missy call it as a “family picture”. I know this is sound crazy but my heart beat rapidly again. Once more the big drawing which show picture of our family, drawing with crayon, this time draw by our younger kids. My eyes started to look who is on the drawing, and I found a tall man with mustache, stand on the middle of the family. Daddy. Finally I am back on the drawing, back to the place which I should be …

Sources : “Stories for Dad’s heart”
Compiled by Alice Gray.
Story by Gary Rosberg.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks and very appreciate for yr comment