Translate On Your Language

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Daddy Favorite Car

Our favorite goods sometimes have got special treatment compared with our treatment to our children. Following this story reminds us that our children which we have grant from God should be more special than any of our favorite goods. Today let our children know that we love them more than anything ………

My father loves car. He assemble and polish it become so shiny, and he remember every sound, smell and distinguish from each of the car too. He was also very finicky about who can drive the car. He have a very good Red Chevy pick up, a big Suburban and a white Mustang V-8 plant. He was also short-tempered and less patient in the case of carelessness, especially if it is done by his children.
On that evening, he told me to go to town with the Red Chevy to buy the goods that he needed to work in the house. That happened not long after I get the Driving License so I still bumbling on the road.

I drive the pick up (truck) carefully to the city, trying to drive as careful as possible as usually told by my father. Think that my Dad’s car possible to crashed anytime make myself become the most carefully driver in the city.
I'm through the main cross road in the city when the lights turn green and when I’m right on middle of the main cross road, suddenly an old man who does not consider red light hit the front of my Chevy car. I immediately turn brake, swerve the wheel on the slippery roads, so that the car spin and finally roll on the side road.
At a moment I felt dizzy, and my face bloody exposed with the car smithereens glass. But luckily my seat belt wearing to protect me from a more severe injury. Not long after I heard the siren voice. I just started wondering how long I have already trapped in the car when the officer helped me out. Then I immediately sat down in the street, hold my hurts head, with the blood drip to my face and my clothes.
At the time I can clearly see my Dad’s Red Chevy. The car is full of scratches and have heavy damaged, so I surprised that I still survived. Since that time I began to regret and think if it does not happen, because soon I must face my Dad and tell him about the bad news of his favorite car.
We live in a small town. Some people who saw the accident surely recognize me. Surely someone has called my father because not long after I saved, my father run to find me. I close my eyes, do not dare to look his face.
"Dad ... I am sorry ..."
"Terry, you OK?"
My Dad’s voice does not sound at all like I imagined. When I turned, he kneel beside me in the street, with carefully his hand lift my face to check the injured.
"It is hurt?"
"I am OK. I truly regret over the Truck … "
"Forget about the Truck, Terry" "Truck are just a machine, Daddy is more worried about you, not the truck"
"You can stand? walk? Daddy will bring you to the hospital, or you may need an ambulance? "

I shake my head.
"I do not need an ambulance. I am all right "

Daddy carefully holding my hand and lift me. I look at his face with confusion and wonder when I see his face looked so anxious and compassionate.
"Can you walk?" he asked, his voice sounded full of worried.
"I am OK ,Dad. Seriously. Why do not we just go home immediately? I do not need go to the hospital"
Finally we agreed to go to our family doctor. Doctors then clean the wound, give bandage, and finally let me go home.
I do not remember anymore when the truck crane, what I do on that evening, or how long I lie down because of illness. What I know is for the first time in my life, I realized that my Dad loved me. I did not realize it. In fact my Dad love me more than his truck, and all of the car, more than I ever imagined.
Since then we have a lot of things, and sometimes I still disappointed him. Actually that's enough to make him angry, but one thing does not change. Formerly, my Dad loved me, and I believe he will always love me.

Sources: Stories for Dad's Heart
compiled by Alice Gray
story by T.J


2 comments:

  1. Hi thanks for visit and very nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi buddy nice post you got btw, nce blog too friend :D visit me back :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks and very appreciate for yr comment